Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Life of a Pastor....

I've been wanting to post here on nearly a daily basis, or at least on a regular 3-4 time a week schedule. But doing this quietly and doing it so that there is not obvious overlap between what I post here and what I use in ministry places a handicap on that.

Oddly, the life of a pastor is not all sitting around composing thought-provoking blog posts. Ministry is rather like juggling when there's one more item in the air than what you can normally handle. Whenever you feel like you've finally gotten the hang of keeping it all up there, somebody tosses another knife or torch or chainsaw into your pattern. Every once in a while, you're able to get far enough ahead to retire one of the items and breathe for a moment. In those moments, I try to blog. But the last week has not had many of those moments.

(And no, reading articles about the NFL has nothing to do with this time shortage. Nothing at all.)

So, I'll try again tomorrow. Not the NFL reading - there's only two more articles I care about to read tomorrow - the blog posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment